Part 2 "Principles Don't Change"

I hope that you read last week’s blog; if not, just scroll down to it and catch up with what I discussed. This blog is just a continuation from last week; but last week’s entry will help you fully appreciate what I am talking about today.

I think it is human nature to not want to live under pressure and subsequently seek ways to alleviate our struggles. My personal issues magnify when I don’t immerse myself consistently in principles that give life. When I neglect to rehearse and apply certain principles that impact me positively, spiritually, psychologically, and physically I tend to become susceptible to the challenges. Is it possible that you are vulnerable at this time in your pressure-filled life because you have neglected certain powerful principles that have always empowered you to survive and thrive?

Former President Jimmy Carter said, “We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles.” The problems we face may change, but principles stay the same because when a principle is rooted in truth, it can never change. The truth that brought you through past challenges is the same truth that will bring you through today’s troubles. I had to remind myself that despite hardships, one of the foundational truths in which I live by encourages me to be thankful. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” Yes ma’am and yes sir! The next time my cousin acknowledges that I am blessed because of the assignment God has given me, my response will be thanks and praise God!

For those who have been in the battle of your life don’t focus on your wounds, pain, or scars from the fight. Take some time now and give thanks. If you are alive, give thanks. If you have a place to live, give thanks. If you have food to eat, give thanks. If you have some clothes to wear, give thanks. If you still have hopes and dreams, give thanks. If you can still recognize God’s influence in your life, give thanks. If you experienced serious hardships but you still have your mind intact, give thanks. If you still have hope, give thanks. If you’re surviving and thriving against all odds, give thanks. Praise and thank God for what He has already done and what you believe He’s going to do. Take a praise break and it will adjust your attitude. ONCE YOUR ATTITUDE IS ADJUSTED YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT -- YOUR ALTITUDE WILL ELEVATE. FLY HIGH! Let’s keep talking in Part 3.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the quote at the end! It's very true a change of attitude does bring a change in altitude, thanks for reminding us of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for responding to my blog. I hope to communicate again with you soon. Thanks and God Bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...