RESTING IN THE LORD!

Well it's exactly 2:52 a.m. est Sunday morning and guess who can't sleep? You guessed it a certain person who's typing in the dark right now.  For some reason lately I haven't been sleeping too well. You probably know how it is when you've got so many things on your mind that it tends to drive sleep away like a dog chasing a cat! I actually rediscovered this old blog of mine recently like an ex-boyfriend running into an old female lover. On second thought a better analogy would be like two classmates crossing each others paths after many years who quickly get reacquainted. Ah yes, that sounds better, people will easily get the wrong ideas these days. {Should men use smiley faces?}

I must admit this early morning meeting presents a few risks for me: 1) I have to get up early and finalize what I'll speak about. Guess who will probably be sleepy in the morning? (I typically have this resolved before retiring on Saturday night) 2) Although I have a decent functional vocabulary and grammatical skills my loving wife who is literally an English major and my personal copy-editor is making growling noises behind me in her sleep. (Oh yes she snores) So I may have a few spelling and grammatical errors but I believe it'll be legible enough to understand. (Yeah right!) {Is copy editor a hyphenated word?...Geez}

Anyway I must admit my pecking on the keyboard at the present time of 3:14 a.m est is somewhat cathartic. {Should I have put a period behind est?} Feeling the miniature black plaque-like computer keys beneath my fingers, squinting in the dark, and letting it rip feels kind of nice. So what's been on my mind... life? You know, God, family, career, success, failure, money, all the usual stuff.  I'm a chronic believer and endemic optimist but from time to time the analytical part of me really kicks in and has the affect of fifteen cups of coffee or should I say it becomes the anti-sleep potion. What can I say, even with faith I still want to have some things figured out and when I don't I need solutions that bring intellectual closure. Suffice it to say I have many situations that require many things to happen before the proverbial ends will meet. {These ends look like a giant ball of yarn}

So what will I do? That's a good question, I most likely will do what I always do, trust God. Yes I'll admit at this stage in my life I just want what I need and desire in hand so I won't have to wait to receive somethings from Him. And yes like most people I believe that I should be far more advanced than what I am now and that frustrates me and at times God frustrates me. {Was that too real for you?} Trust me God knows my heart and can handle any anger or frustrations both you and I have. Even though I realize that I'm in partnership with God at times it seems like He's dragging His feet with me. {Have you ever felt like that?} Of course His ways are not our ways, but sometimes I wonder how much longer I'll have to wait? 

So what will I do? I'll eventually get sleepy and close my eyes but before I do I'll speak a faith confession and expect God and life to do what it's done for several years now and that is respond to my words of faith! I must admit I'm stubborn about somethings and losing and quitting are at the top of my list. I made up my mind that no matter what, I will trust God. Admittedly I may not always like God's methods but He has a good track record with me. Does that make me feel any better at this very instant...no! But there's a divine voice within me that drops the anchor of hope that stabilizes my soul and won't let me drift into the waters of depression. Because of this when my head hits the pillow this morning and my eyes close and sleep drapes over me like a soothing blanket I know this one thing, I'll rest in Him. Whether it's morning, noon, or night my word to you is "Rest in the Lord". (Psalms 37:7) And on that note I believe I'll give sleeping another try. {Ahhhhhhhmmmmm} Wish me well and rest in the Lord with me! {4:24 a.m. est}

http://www.greaterrhema.org

1 comment:

  1. The late hours of the night are when I get my best work done. Around midnight, I make a pot of coffee, fire up both laptops and start writing. I find that with a busy family life, the peaceful serenity of 2 in the morning comes alive and my creativity comes alive. I'll usually get a couple of hours of sleep before one of the children wake me up at 7 or so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for responding to my blog. I hope to communicate again with you soon. Thanks and God Bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...